By: Rachel's Tea
- Olive oil 2 tbsp.
- Medium onions cut into wedges 2
- Celery ribs cut into 1 IN pieces 2
- Garlic bulb (cloves $ peeled) 1
- Medium leeks (White & green part) 1
- Water 8 cups
- Fresh mushrooms (quartered) 1/2 lb
- Packed fresh parsley sprigs 1 cup
- Sprigs fresh thyme 4
- Sea salt 1 tsp.
- Whole peppercorns 1/2 tsp.
- Bay leaf 1
- Medium carrots (cut into 1 IN pieces) 3
Share This Recipe
For A Delicious Dinner!
- Heat oil in a stockpot over medium heat until hot.
- Add onions, celery and garlic.
- Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add leeks and carrots; cook and stir 5 minutes longer.
- Add the water, mushrooms, parsley, thyme, salt, peppercorns and bay leaf; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 1 hour.
- Remove from heat.
- Strain through a cheesecloth-lined colander; discard vegetables.
- If using immediately, skim fat or refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, then remove fat from surface.
- Broth can be covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 6 months.