By: Rachel's Tea
- Olive oil
- Clove garlic (minced) 1
- Carrots (chopped) 2 medium
- Diced onion 1/2 cup
- Bay leaf (chopped) 1
- Rib celery 1
- Dried thyme 1/4 tsp
- Chicken broth 6-7 cups
- Dried parsley 1/4 tsp
- Cheese tortellini 1/2
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated parmesan cheese for garnish
Note: Use mushroom tortellini and skip the meatballs.
Use them with spaghetti sauce over squash. Or with any W veggies.
Share This Recipe
For A Delicious Dinner!
- For meatballs: in a large skillet, sauté onions in olive oil over medium heat for 4 -5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine sausage, egg, onion, thyme, parsley and parmesan.
- Mix gently with your hands (if you smoosh the meat to much, you’ll have tough, compact meatballs).
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat the same skillet to a medium high heat and add a little more oil.
- Use a small ice-cream scoop to make meatballs and drop them into the skillet.
- Cook meatballs until browned on all side.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- For soup: In a medium pot (mine is 5.5 qt), heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, carrot, celery, bay leaf and thyme.
- Sauté 5-7 minutes until fragrant.
- Add chicken broth and parsley.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer.
- Add meatballs and tortellini.
- Simmer until meatballs are cooked through and tortellini is done, about 5- 7 minutes Serve
- Garnish with grated parmesan cheese.