tomato basil parmesan crock pot soup
Tomato Basil Parmesan Crock Pot Soup
By: Rachel's Tea
- Diced tomatoes with juice 14 oz
- Finely diced celery 1 cup
- Finely diced carrots 1 cup
- Finely diced onions 1 cup
- Dried oregano 1 tsp
- Dried basil 1 tsp
- Chicken broth 4 cups
- Bay leaf 1/2
- Flour 1/2 cup
- Parmesan vegan cheese 1 cup
- Butter 1/2 cup
- Heavy whipping cream 2 cups
- Salt 1 tsp
- Black pepper 1/4 tsp
Share This Recipe
For A Delicious Dinner!
- Add tomatoes, celery, carrots, chicken broth, onions, oregano, basil, and bay leaf to a large slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5-7 hours, until flavors are blended and vegetables are soft.
- About 30 minutes before serving, prepare a roux.
- Melt butter over low heat in a skillet and add flour.
- Stir constantly with a whisk for 5-7 minutes.
- Slowly stir in 1 cup hot soup. Add another 3 cups and stir until smooth.
- Add all back into the slow cooker.
- Stir and add the parmesan cheese, warmed half and half, salt and pepper.
- Add additional basil and oregano if needed (the slow cooker does a number on spices and they get blend over time; so, don’t be afraid to always season to taste at the end).
- Cover and cook on low for another 30 minutes or so until ready to serve.