By: Rachel's Tea
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Pearl onions (halved) 4-8
- Celery stalks (sliced) 2
- Vegetable stock 3-5 cups
- Soy sauce (light) 2 Tbsp
- Baby corn 3 oz
- Fava beans (fresh) 3/4 cup
- Savoy cabbage ½-1
- Corn starch 1 1/2 tbsp
- Water (cold) 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Baby carrots (scrubbed and halved if large) 8 oz
- New potatoes (scrubbed and halved or quartered if large) 10 1/2 oz
- Navy beans (canned, drained and rinsed) 14 oz
Share This Recipe
For A Delicious Dinner!
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-bottom saucepan with a lid.
- Add the onions, celery, carrots, and potatoes and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the stock, navy beans, and soy sauce, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Add the baby corn and fava beans and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for an additional 3 minutes. Meanwhile, discard the outer leaves and hard central core from the cabbage and shred the leaves.
- Add to the pan and simmer for an additional 3-5 minutes, or until all the vegetables are tender.
- Mix the cornstarch and water together in a small bowl until a smooth paste forms, then stir into the pan and cook, stirring, for 4-6 minutes, or until the liquid has thickened.