southern cornbread dressing
Southern Cornbread Dressing
By: Rachel's Tea
- Cornmeal 2 cup
- Flour 1/2 cup
- Baking powder 2 tsp
- Baking soda 1 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Egg 1
- Oil 1/4 cup
- Heavy whipping cream 2 cups
- Lemon juice 2 tsp
- Sticks butter 2
Note: 1 stick butter, 2 bunches of green onions-chopped, 4 ribs of celery -chopped 4
eggs, 16 oz, pkg. of Pepperidge Farm herb- seasoned stuffing mix, 5 – 14.5 oz.
can of chicken broth.
Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat; sauté green onions.
Stir 4 eggs in a large bowl; stir in cornbread, onions, celery, stuffing mix and broth until well blended.
Spoon into a lightly greased 13×9 baking dish.
Bake uncovered at 350degree for 1 hour.
Share This Recipe
For A Delicious Dinner!
- Combine the first six ingredients in large bowl.
- Stir together the heavy whipping cream oil and vinegar.
- Add to the dry ingredients.
- Heat butter in 9” square baking dish or round cake pan.
- Pour butter into the batter, then pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake at 425degree for 25 minutes.