Sandwich in place of bread/tortilla
Sandwich in place of bread/tortilla)
By: Rachel's Tea
- Shredded Cheddar 2 cup
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper 1 tbsp
- Vegetable Oil
- White onion (chopped) 1
- Ground beef 1 lb
- Taco Seasoning 1 tbsp
- Shredded lettuce (for serving)
- Chopped tomatoes (for serving)
- Hot sauce (for serving)
Note: Any P or W ingredients are OK with this recipe so get creative!
Share This Recipe
For A Delicious Dinner!
- Preheat oven to 375º. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Place 1/2 cup mounds of cheddar on baking sheet and season with pepper.
- Bake until cheese is melty and slightly crispy, 5 to 7 minutes. Blot grease with a paper towel.
- Meanwhile, set up 4 stations of two upside-down glasses and a wooden spoon as a bridge. Using a spatula, immediately transfer cheese mounds to wooden spoons to form shells. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, make taco meat: In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil.
- Add onions and cook until soft, 5 minutes, then add ground beef and cook until no longer pink, 6 minutes more. Drain fat and season with taco seasoning.
- Assemble tacos: Place beef in shells and top with lettuce, tomatoes, and hot sauce.