(S) Squash and Sweet Potato Soup
(S) Squash And Sweet Potato Soup
By: Rachel's Tea
- Corn or butternut squash 1
- Sweet potato 1
- Shallots 4
- Olive oil 2 tbsp
- Garlic cloves (unpeeled) 5 to 6
- Vegetable stock 3 1/2 cups
- Chives (Snipped, fresh) to garnish
- Pepper to taste
Share This Recipe
For A Delicious Dinner!
- Preheat the oven to 375 (F). Cut the squash, sweet potato, and shallots in half lengthwise, through to the stem end.
- Scoop the seeds out of the squash.
- Brush the cut sides with oil. Place the vegetables, cut side down, in a shallow roasting pan and add the garlic cloves.
- Roast in the preheated oven for about 40 minutes, until tender and light brown.
- Cool. When cool, scoop the flesh from the sweet potato and squash halves and place in a saucepan with the shallots.
- Peel the garlic and add the soft insides to the other vegetables.
- Add the stock.
- Bring just to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, partially covered, for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are very tender.
- Let the soup cool slightly, then transfer to a food processor or blender and process until smooth, working in batches, if necessary.(If using a food processor, strain off the cooking liquid and set aside.
- Process the soup solids with enough cooking liquid to moisten them, then combine with the remaining liquid.) Return the soup to the rinsed-out saucepan.
- Season with pepper to taste, simmer 5 minutes, or until completely heated through.
- Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with extra pepper and snipped chives and serve