(P) Tomato-Zucchini-Summer Squash “Casserole”
P Tomato-Zucchini-Summer Squash “Casserole”
By: Rachel's Tea
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Medium onion 1
- Cloves of garlic 1
- Medium zucchini 1
- Medium summer(yellow) squash 1
- Large tomato 1
- Dried thyme 1 tsp
- Fresh rosemary (chopped) 1 tsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded italian cheese 1 cup
(optional: add chicken chunks/ground beef to make a heartier meal)
Share This Recipe
For A Delicious Dinner!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Finely dice the onion and mince the garlic.
- Sauté onions in a skillet with olive oil until softened (roughy 5 minutes) then add the garlic until fragrant (about 1-2 minutes).
- While the onion and garlic are sauteing, thinly slice the rest of the vegetables. Slice them into the same shape.
- I used a mandolin but you could also use a food processor or by hand as well(just try to get them to be as close to the same thickness as possible)
- Spray the inside of an 8×8 square or round baking dish with non-stick spray. Spread the softened onion and garlic in the bottom of the dish.
- Place the thinly sliced vegetables in the baking dish vertically, in an alternating pattern. Sprinkle generously with salt, pepper,thyme, and rosemary.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil, top with cheese and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown