(P) Spaghetti Squash Mac and Cheese
(P) Spaghetti Squash Mac And Cheese
By: Rachel's Tea
- Spaghetti squash 1 large
- Broccoli florets (steamed) 2 cups
- Almond flour 1 tbsp
- Milk (unsweetened) ½ cup
- Regular cheddar cheese (shredded) 1 cup
- Sharp cheddar (shredded) ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes (optional garnish) 1 tsp
- Canola oil spray
- Grated parmesan (plus 1 tsp grated parmesan as optional garnish) 1/2 cup
Share This Recipe
For A Delicious Dinner!
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Cut the spaghetti squash in half. Scoop out and discard the seeds.
- Spray the center of both halves of the squash with cooking spray, and place the cut side up on a cookie sheet.
- Roast until tender when pierced with a knife, about 50 minutes. Remove the squash from the oven, and let cool.
- Once it's safe to handle, scrape the flesh into a large bowl. Add the steamed broccoli florets to the bowl, and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, mix almond flour and milk to a simmer in a saucepan and whisk quickly.
- Turn heat down to low, add the cheddar and 1/2 cup grated parmesan to the saucepan, and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the spaghetti squash and broccoli mixture, and toss until all the squash is covered.
- Dish into 4 portions, and top off with the salt and pepper to taste plus red pepper flakes and extra parmesan if you wish!