(P) Pork in Squash Boats
(P) Pork In Squash Boats
By: Rachel's Tea
- Pork (boneless, cut into ½ inch pieces) 1/2 lb
- Cooking oil 1 1/2 tsp
- Tomato (peeled seeded and cut up) 1 small
- Onion (cut into wedges) 1 small
- Water 1/4 cup
- Wine vinegar 1/4 cup
- Garlic (minced) 1 clove (small)
- Thyme (dried) 1/4 tsp
- Tarragon (crushed, dried) 1/4 tsp
- Sea salt 1/4 tsp
- Pepper 1/4 tsp
- Green (or red pepper cut into strips) 1/2 cup
- Olives (sliced pitted ripe) 2 tbsp
- Summer squash 1 small
Share This Recipe
For A Delicious Dinner!
- In medium saucepan brown pork in hot oil.
- Add tomato, onion, water, wine vinegar, garlic, thyme, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add green pepper strips and olive slices.
- Cover and simmer for 5 more minutes. Meanwhile, halve squash lengthwise; remove seeds. Place the squash halves, cut side down, in a shallow baking pan.
- Cover with foil. Bake in a 375 (F) oven about 40-50 mins or until tender.
- Invert cooked squash halves onto a serving platter; fluff with a fork.
- Spoon hot pork mixture into squash shells.