(P) Ham and Vegetable Soup
(P) Ham And Vegetable Soup
By: Rachel's Tea
- Tomatoes (sliced) 3 large
- Olive oil 1 Tbsp.
- Onion (finely chopped) 1 large
- Celery stalk (finely chopped) 1
- Vegetable stock 4 cups
- Water 4 cups
- Unsmoked ham (lean, finely diced) 8 oz.
- Thyme (dried) 1/4 tsp.
- Marjoram (dried) 1/4 tsp.
- Bay leaf 1
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Share This Recipe
For A Delicious Dinner!
- Rinse the tomatoes under cold running water.
- Place them in a saucepan and cover generously with water.
- Bring to a boil and boil 3 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, until just softened.
- Add the celery and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the peas, pour over the stock and water, and stir to combine.
- Bring just to a boil and stir the ham into the soup.
- Add the thyme, marjoram, and the bay leaf to the pan.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and cook gently for 1-1 ½ hours, until everything is very soft. Remove the bay leaf.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, if necessary. Ladle into soup bowls and serve.