(P) Green Chili and Chicken Zucchini
(P) Green Chili And Chicken Zucchini
By: Rachel's Tea
- Chicken (cooked, shredded) 3 cups
- Cheddar cheese (shredded) 2 cups
- Mozzarella (shredded) 1 cup
- Colby cheese (shredded) 15 oz
- Green chilies (fire roasted) 10 oz can
- Salsa verde 1 cup
- Cumin 1 teaspoon
- Chili powder 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Zucchini 4 medium
Share This Recipe
For A Delicious Dinner!
- Preheat oven to 375(F). In a bowl, season shredded chicken with cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Stir in fire roasted green chilies, salsa verde and one cup of the cheddar cheese.
- Combine well. In the bottom of a baking dish, spread a small amount of the chili-chicken mixture.
- Top with layer of shredded zucchini. Spread with another layer of the chicken mixture.
- Spoon or pour over the entire layer, paying close attention not to skimp around the edges.
- Top with a layer of shredded Mozzarella and Colby cheese. Continue building casserole alternating between layers of shredded zucchini, green chili-chicken mixture, and shredded cheeses.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in a preheated 375(F) oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the foil and continue baking another 5-10 minutes until cheese on top has melted and the entire casserole is bubbling and hot.
- Allow the casserole to rest 5 minutes before serving.