(P) Cauliflower Crust Pizza with Pesto & Tomatoes
(P) Cauliflower Crust Pizza With Pesto And Tomatoes
By: Rachel's Tea
- Fresh cauliflower florets 6 cups (about 1-1½ lb)
- Egg whites (beaten) 3 large
- Parmesan cheese (grated) 2/3 cup
- Fresh basil (chopped) 2 tbsp
- Fresh oregano (chopped) 1 tsp
- Ground black pepper 1/4 tsp
- Basil pesto (refrigerated) 1/3 cup
- Tomatoes (drained well) Diced 1 can (14.5 oz each)
- Organic olive oil (no-stick cooking spray)
- Sausage/pepperoni (optional)
Share This Recipe
For A Delicious Dinner
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 12-inch round pizza pan with parchment paper.
- Spray with cooking spray; set aside Place half of cauliflower in food processor bowl; pulse until mixture resembles ‘rice’. Repeat with remaining cauliflower.
- Place cauliflower 'rice' in large microwave-safe bowl; cover.
- Microwave on HIGH 3 to 5 minutes or until cauliflower is steamed.
- Carefully place on kitchen towel in single layer; cool 2 to 3 minutes.
- Twist towel to squeeze liquid from cauliflower (removing about 1 cup).
- Place drained cauliflower in medium bowl. Add egg whites, Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano and pepper to bowl; stir to combine. Spread mixture on pizza pan, pressing lightly to edge of pan with hands to resemble pizza crust.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Spread pesto over crust; top with cheese, meat, and drained tomatoes.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes more or until cheese is melted. Cut into 8 slices.