(P) Boat of Chicken
(P) Boat Of Chicken
By: Rachel's Tea
- Spaghetti squash medium-small [6-7 inches long] 1
- Chicken breasts 2
- Pesto (extra to taste) 1/2 cup
- Fresh baby spinach, (torn/chopped) 1-2 cups
- Basil 2 tsps
- Green bell pepper (chopped, medium) 1
- Shredded cheddar cheese 8 oz
- Fresh parsley (for garnish) 1-2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Share This Recipe
For A Delicious Dinner
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Slice your spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- For easy cutting, feel free to stick each squash in the microwave for 5 minutes to soften.
- Next grab a lipped baking sheet or a rimmed baking dish.
- To prevent sticking, rub the cut side of the squash with olive oil or simply place a little water inside your baking dish.
- Roast face-down for 30-40 minutes, or until tender and easily pierced with a fork.
- Slice and cook chicken with a little olive oil. (Bite sized pieces) Toss with Pesto.
- In a small pot, heat a drizzle of olive oil to medium-high heat and sauté your bell pepper for a few minutes until tender.
- Next add the spinach and pesto chicken and stir to wilt the spinach.
- Add basil Season with salt and pepper to taste. Next add half the cheese.
- To stuff the squash, first pull it apart with a fork and mix in the chicken pesto mix.
- Top with the rest of your grated cheese and cover the baking dish in foil, leaving a little room at the top so the cheese doesn't stick.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for around 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Garnish with fresh parsley and/or basil leaves and dig in!