(P) Asparagus with Tomato Dressing
(P) Asparagus With Tomato Dressing
By: Rachel's Tea
- Extra virgin olive oil 5 Tbsp.
- Pine nuts 1/2 cup
- Young asparagus spears (trimmed) 1 lb.
- Parmesan cheese (thinly shaved) 1 oz. Dressing:
- Tomatoes (peeled seeded & chopped) 12 oz.
- Balsamic vinegar 2 Tbsp.
- Salt & pepper
Share This Recipe
For A Delicious Dinner!
- Brush the broiler with oil and preheat the broiler to high.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the pine nuts and lightly toast until just browned.
- Tip into a bowl and set aside.
- Next, make the dressing by mixing the tomatoes, vinegar, and olive oil together in a bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside.
- Arrange the asparagus spears on the broiler rack and cook under the preheated broiler for 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Carefully transfer to a serving dish. Spoon over the dressing, sprinkle with the pine nuts and parmesan cheese shavings, and serve.