By: Rachel's Tea
- Rachel’s Tea-approved Cream Cheese
- Mexican blend or Colby jack cheese (shredded)
- Bacon 1 slice/large Jalapeño
(recipe on Rachelstea.com)
(can substitute poblanos for all flavors but with a lot less spice!)
Share This Recipe
For A Delicious Appetizer!
- For cream cheese mix 1 cup of low-carb cream cheese and 3 cups of Shredded Colby jack cheese in a bowl. (Of course you can make less using this 3 to 1 ratio, just make sure you use this ratio and you’re golden.)
- Tip: 2 tbs of this cream cheese has about 1 carb and 1 protein. Use this low-carb cream cheese. You can’t use regular cream cheese with pain-free food. You can see the recipe on Rachelstea.com
- Cut your jalapenos in half, lengthwise, and take all the seeds out with a spoon.
- Stuff jalapenos with the cream cheese mix and wrap bacon around them, try and cover the cheese so it won’t melt out as you cook.
- Grill to desired bacon crispness!
- Tip… I have made these a number of times now and I find if I cook the poppers face down on high in the beginning to cook the top bacon fast, then flip and cook slowly on the bottom that works great and makes them just ohhhh so goooood.