By: Rachel's Tea
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts 4
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Protein breading 1 cup
- Large eggs, beaten 3
- Freshly grated Parmesan 3 cups
- Garlic powder 2 tsp
- Onion powder 1 tsp
- Dried oregano 2 tsp
- Olive oil 3 cups
- Tomato sauce (Sugar-free) 3/4 cup
- Shredded mozzarella 1 1/2 cup
- Fresh basil leaves (for topping)
Share This Recipe
For A Delicious Dinner!
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Using a sharp knife, cut chicken breasts in half crosswise.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place eggs and breading mixture in 2 separate shallow bowls. In a third shallow bowl, combine Parmesan, garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
- Working with one at a time, dip chicken cutlets into breading mixture, then eggs, and then Parmesan mixture, pressing to coat.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 2 tbsp. oil. Add chicken and cook until golden and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Work in batches as necessary, adding more oil when needed.
- Transfer fried cutlets to a 9"-x-13" baking dish, evenly spread tomato sauce on each cutlet and top with mozzarella.
- Bake until cheese is melty, 10 to 12 minutes. If desired, broil until the cheese is golden, 3 minutes.
- Top with basil and additional Parmesan before serving.