(W) Cauliflower Base
(S) Teriyaki Cauliflower Bites
By: Rachel's Tea
- Cauliflower 1 head
- Olive oil 4 tbs
- Broth (vegetable broth for S recipe mixing, meat/bone broth for P mixing or to keep it W, use water and add some salt, or heavy whipping cream) 1-4 cups
Note 1:Be sure to blend until completely smooth, if the cauliflower hasn’t been cooked well or you stop blending before it’s smooth, it will make your mix grainy! Cook and blend well to ensure this doesn’t happen.
Note 2:If used for thickening, you will need much more cauliflower base than you would need corn starch or flour, the end result can be very similar, but keep in mind you will need to use more.
Note 3:After thawing if you make a bunch of the base and freeze it, it will look a little lumpy, don’t worry! When you heat and mix it into your meal it will still work great!
Note 4:Freezes well for later use.
Share This Recipe
For a delicious Thickener!
- Chop cauliflower into 1⁄2 inch or smaller pieces and sauté in olive oil until soft.
- Transfer cauliflower into a blender and slowly add broth until smooth.
- If you are replacing milk, you will need more broth and you will want a thinner consistency, if you are replacing cream, you’ll want a thicker but creamy consistency, which will require less broth.
- You can even leave the mix quite thick and more pasty to help thicken soups or gravy.