Beef and Broccoli
Beef And Broccoli
By: Rachel's Tea
- Flank steak sliced 1/4 inch thick strips, 1 lb
- Small broccoli florets 5 cup/7 oz
- Olive oil 1 tbs
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- Yellow onion sliced 1
- Butter 1 tbs
- Olive oil 1/2 tbs
- Low-sodium soy sauce 1/3 cup
- Beef stock 1/3 cup
- Fresh ginger (minced) 1 tbs
- Garlic (minced) 2 cloves
Share This Recipe
For A Delicious Dinner!
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat for a few minutes or until hot.
- Add sliced beef and cook until it browns, less than 5 minutes, don't stir too much, you want it to brown. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add onions to a skillet with butter and olive oil and cook 20 minutes until onions are caramelized and tender.
- Add all other sauce ingredients into the skillet and stir the ingredients together over medium-low heat until it starts to simmer, about 5 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to blend sauce.
- Keep the sauce warm over low heat, and add broccoli to the skillet.
- Return beef to the pan and toss with broccoli and sauce top. Stir until everything is coated with the sauce.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for another few minutes until broccoli is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
- Serve immediately, optionally pairing with cooked cauliflower rice.