This will be a very short article and will not only answer the question regarding digestive disorder DNA, but will also show you what you can do to break the cycle of digestive disorders that you may be suffering from.
Digestive disorders do run in families but not genetically as far as doctors and science can tell. I know this sounds like a contradiction but read for another minute or two and you will understand.
There has never been a bacteria, pathogen, parasite, or genetic predisposition to individual or familial, digestive disorders. However in some cases more than one member of a family will be diagnosed with a digestive disorder, making it seem that there may be a genetic link. There is a simple explanation for this. Mike’s research based theory is that diet and stress cause overproduction of acid. Stress responses and eating habits are often learned behavior followed by one member of a given family after another. I could drag the explanation out further but there is no need. It is just that simple.
- Habitual anxiety, worrying, and obsessive compulsive behavior (studies show that often these behaviors are environmental, not genetic
- Eating a Westernized diet where inappropriate foods (we call them catalyst foods) are mixed at nearly every meal (also environmental)
- Heavy prescription use
- Multiple antibiotic rounds during a person’s lifetime
- Heavy alcohol use
- Frequent consumption of carbonated beverages
Not all of these habits are family related but you can see that in some cases, they are. In my opinion, it is more likely that these factors more than genetics increase the likelihood of having a digestive disorder. Of course genetic predisposition to some physical characteristics can play a role but it is mostly the list of “six sins” above that are the major factors.
The solutions are equally explainable and for most people, not overly difficult:
- Consider following the Pain Free Foods Catalyst Avoidance Plan. If modifying your eating is too difficult for you, keep reading for one more minute
- Use supplementation to ease pain, replace digestive mucosal armor, end bloating, diarrhea, constipation, and insufficient intestinal digestive flora.
The two methods listed above define how you can find relief. The first is more difficult but for those who follow it including myself, it leads to a complete relief from digestive concerns. The second method (supplementation) is aimed at symptom reduction or relief and allows a person to go about their life without the complication of dieting.
Whichever method you choose, Rachel’s Tea is the right place. Our family is committed to you and your well-being. Use Rachel’s site to learn the eating plan or get your supplements, or you can just learn here and buy supplements at anyplace you choose. Please just do something that may help end your pain, discomfort, and suffering. Remember; if you do nothing, it is almost certain that you won’t get better!
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, cure, or treat any disease or health issue. These articles are not a substitute for competent medical advice. The author is not medically trained, nor are these articles reviewed by medical or trained personnel.