Strawberry Banana “Bread” Cake
Strawberry Banana “Bread” Cake (S)
By: Rachel's Tea
- Spelt flour (all purpose is OK too) 1 cup
- Baking soda 1/2 tsp
- Salt 1/8 tsp
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Ground flax 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon 1 tsp
- Vanilla 2 tsp
- Applesauce 1/2 cup
- Yogurt (coconut) 1/2 cup
- Heavey Cream 1/2 cup
- Honey 1/4 cup
- Balsamic vinegar 1 tsp
- Ripe banana (mashed) 1/2
- Strawberries (chopped) . . . . . . . . . . 1 1/4 cup + 2-3 more for slicing on top of cake
Share This Recipe
For A Delicious Dessert!
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, mashed banana. Add applesauce, yogurt, cream, honey, balsamic and vanilla to bowl with banana.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Mix in chopped strawberries.
- Pour batter into a greased 8 or 9 in circle pan. Thinly slice 2-3 strawberries and place on top of batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-34 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Slice into 8-12 slices and serve with more strawberries or whipped cream.