By: Rachel's Tea
- Flour 2 cups
- Baking powder 4 teaspoons
- Baking soda 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt 3/4 teaspoon
- Butter 4 tablespoons
- Shortening 2 tablespoons
- Almond milk, chilled 3/4 cup
- Vanilla 3 tablespoons
Share This Recipe
For A Delicious Breakfast!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Using your hands, rub butter and shortening into dry ingredients until mixture looks like crumbs.
- Work fast enough that the butter and shortening do not melt.
- Pour in the cold almond milk and quickly mix it in.
- Dough should be sticky Knead dough on a floured surface and roll dough out to be 1 inch thick.
- Cut out biscuits with a 2-inch cutter.
- Place biscuits on baking sheet so that they just touch.
- Working it as little as possible, reform and cut scrap dough to make more biscuits.
- Remember, the less you work the dough the better and fluffier your biscuits will turn out.
- Bake until biscuits are tall and light gold on top, 15 to 20 minutes.