By: Rachel's Tea
- Salt 2 tsp
- Active dry yeast 1 tsp
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Room temp water 1 1/2 cups
- All-purpose unbleached flour 4 1/2-4 3/4
Share This Recipe
For A Delicious Dinner
- In a large bowl add yeast and sugar and let sit 5 minutes, mix in 2 cups flour.
- Add salt and remainder of flour, mix until stiff dough. Knead dough (using remaining flour if dough gets to sticky) for about 8-10 minutes. Set dough in a large, slightly oiled bowl cover and let rise. This should take near 1 1/2 hours. Stretch into shape about 20 by 3 inches.
- On lightly greased cookie sheet and leave uncovered for about 30 minutes then mist top of loaf with water bake 400 F for about 30 minutes or till golden brown then presto homemade fresh bread.