fried fresh corn & okra
Fried Fresh Corn & Okra
By: Rachel's Tea
- Ears corn husked 12
- Strips bacon 9
- Medium onions (sliced) 2
- Pimento strips 6 oz
- Okra 10 oz
- Onion, Salt, Garlic & Pepper 1/2 tsb
Share This Recipe
For A Delicious Breakfast
- Cut corn from cobs, scraping off milky flesh. Set aside.
- In large skillet fry bacon; remove and set aside.
- Add corn to bacon drippings, stir over high heat until lightly browned.
- Cover and continue cooking, stirring occasionally until low, popping sound is heard.
- Stir in other vegetables, cook over medium heat 30 minutes.
- Stir in seasonings, cover and cook 20 minutes, Garnish with bacon.