By: Rachel's Tea
- Medium Chicken breasts 4
- Portobello mushrooms (sliced) 10
- Marsala Cooking Wine 1/2 cup
- Chicken Broth 1/2 cup
- Butter 1/4 cup
- Black Pepper
Share This Recipe
For A Delicious Dinner
- Heat a tbsp of butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Season both sides of chicken breast lightly with sea salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken in a single layer for about 3-5 minutes on each side, until golden and cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add another tbsp of butter to the pan. Add mushrooms and sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are golden brown, and their liquid has evaporated.
- Add the Marsala wine to the pan. Bring to a boil, turning up the heat to do so if necessary.
- Simmer for a few minutes, until the volume of the liquid is reduced by half.
- Add chicken broth and remaining butter to the pan. Simmer, stirring and scraping any browned bits from the bottom, for a few more minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Add the chicken back to the pan. Heat for a minute or two until the chicken is heated through. Garnish with fresh parsley.